One thing I do not do best, is teaching. I'm not a teacher. At all...
But with Eliana going to an Arabic kindergarten, it's important to do Language Arts learning at home. So we take most afternoons for 1-2 hours (after the poor girl has been in Arabic kindergarten for 5 hours in the morning) doing MommySchool. And do you know the hardest part about it? KARIS
The girl does not like for Mommy's attention to be divided. She wants me to play with her and doing things for her while I'm trying to help Eliana. I've tried giving her some activities for learning and most of the time she does not want to do it. But today she agreed to do a few activities, while daddy was away and couldn't help out.
Eliana is blossoming in Arabic school and MommySchool. We started this summer with making sure she knew all her letters and what sounds they make, and also the numbers from 1-20. Once Kindergarten began we started learning to read and it was difficult at first, but quickly she has taken off!
Sometimes she has Arabic homework to do in addition to what I have for her. I'm always impressed when she can recognize, or even read, some of the words. Usually she just copies the letter the teacher wrote in the book...
And also copying a word at the bottom of the page.
Being left-handed is to her advantage with writing Arabic since it reads right to left.
I'm so proud of both of my blonde-headed girls. They are growing and blossoming more and more all the time. We are so blessed they have transitioned so well in this new culture and look forward to how God chooses to use them in the future.