On Tuesday we went to the market....deep into the market where our Arabic teacher told us that foreigners do not usually go. We did get a lot of looks and stares while we were there, but the people seemed to like that we were there learning their language. We learned about fruits, vegetables, meat and money in Arabic. We didn't buy very much, I bought some strawberries, but I'm sure we will go back because the prices were AMAZING!!
This first picture is of the rummage market where it was just one big yard sale.
Here were the best looking eggplants I had ever seen!
A popular food here is grape leaves stuffed with rice/meat/or other stuff. This guy is selling grape leaves and some other greenery. There were a few things in the market that aren't in the States.
Can you say fresh?! A butcher shop...this is how we buy our meat now.
I guess you could say this is like a farmer's market in the States, where several people grow their own produce and make their own foods and sell it all in one place.
Like I said...we got lots of strange looks.
Olives!
This area sold lots of things from clothing to housewares. Kinda like a one-stop-shop!