Thursday, September 25, 2014

We Love the Beach!

We needed to take a break from the everyday hubub of life. So we escaped for the afternoon and went to the beach. It was gorgeous! We figure it's the last time we'll be able to go for the year since the cold season is about to hit. 


The water was the perfect temperature and the beach wasn't too crowded. We are thankful to have a beach close enough to make a day trip. 



I love taking my camera with us when we go places to practice my skills. I hope to learn more and more about lighting and angles. I feel as though I take about 100 pictures and only 5 turn out well. But sometimes I look at a picture and I can't believe I took it. Like this one:


We got the idea from a friend to take a kite with us. It's always really windy at the sea and it took no effort to get it flying. The girls took turns holding it and we tied it to one of our backpacks for the rest of the time. 


Sometimes I just love to sit back and watch the girls enjoy the beach in their own ways. Eliana is usually busy at work with the sand. But at times she stops to pose for me!


She loves to search for seashells and was showing one to me.



Karis' personal beach time is spent singing to the waves. She reminds me of me so much in this way. I remember as a kid going outside and singing to the trees (we didn't have a beach.)